Add Terms & Conditions to Tickets
The terms and conditions of a ticket contain all of the legalese, fine print and protective mumbo-jumbo for your event and that specific ticket type. It is not required to enter terms and conditions of a ticket, but phrases like "No Exchanges. No Refunds. All Sales Final. Event time, date and acts are subject to change" are common in tickets for all types of events. It's helpful to know what restrictions you have for your event and for each ticket type. You will also find some suggested terms and conditions for tickets at the bottom of this article.
These are instructions for pre-existing events. If you are creating your event using AttendStar's step-by-step event creation wizard, click here to see how to add terms and conditions to tickets.
- Select the event
- Go to the Ticket menu and select All Tickets
- In the row of the ticket that you would like to add the terms and conditions to, click the Edit link
- Click the Detailed Information tab
- Type in the Terms and Conditions of that specific ticket type. You can also paste the terms and conditions in, but the format WILL NOT be transferred.
- Use the Bold, Italic and List features to format your terms and conditions
**Make sure the copy does not pass the line at the bottom of the text box. If it does, it will be cut off when appearing on the ticket
- If you want your ticket buyers to have to agree to these ticket type's terms and conditions before purchasing this type of ticket, check the box that says "Make the ticket buyer agree to the ticket terms and conditions before purchasing the tickets".
- Click the green Update Ticket button
You can view your ticket by going to the All Tickets page again and clicking the "View" link the row of the ticket you would like to view. Depending on your browser settings, you will be promoted to download or open the ticket.
Sample Ticket Terms and Conditions
"This ticket is a revocable license and my be taken up and admission refused upon refunding the purchase price appearing hereon the resale or attempted resale at a price higher than that appearing hereon is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the game or event for which this ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during or after same, and agrees that the organization, agents, participants and players are not responsible or liable for any injuries resulting from such causes. Holder agrees by use of this ticket not to transmit or aid in transmitting any description, account, picture or reproduction of the game or event to which is this ticket is issued. Breach of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. Holder grants permission to organization sponsoring the game or event for which this ticket is issued to utilize the holder's image or likeness in connection with any video or other transmission or reproduction of the event for which this ticket relates.
No refunds-no exchanges.
Event, date and time subject to change."