Issuing a refund in Stripe
Refunding a ticket buyer in Stripe is very easy! Stripe allows both full and partial refunds.
- Login to your Stripe account. The login page is found here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/login
- Use the search bar at the top of your Dashboard and enter in some information about the transaction you wish to refund. You can search for a transaction by their order number, email address, or the last 4 digits of the card that they used.
- Once you have located the transaction and clicked on it, you will be directed to that transaction's details. At the top of the page, under the transaction amount, click the Refund button.
- Stripe allows you to type in the amount to refund and give a reason for your records.
- Refunds can take up to 5-10 business days to appear in the customer's account. Once you have initiated the refund in Stripe, it is out of your control how fast a ticket buyer is credited by their credit card company.
- Though refunds generally do not take that long, it is always best to give your customer that kind of timeframe, just incase!